I titled my post like this so you all can see each and every change I make along the way from now on.
Since my “A Little About Me” post, I’ve done much tweaking. Here’s the newest tweaks:
1. Made NavBar visible by changing:
display: none !important;
into the following:
display: normal !important;
2. Figured out CSS code script for fixing into place my tiled backgrounds.
So if you’re interested, it’s this:
and make sure that red highlighted semi-colon is in there, otherwise it won’t show up. I wanted my tiles fixed because they caused visual headaches when they scrolled up & down with my posts. Not fun.
And if you want to go back to how it was, simply remove that whole line with the word ‘fixed’. Just remember to leave the end parentheses or the template won’t save properly.
To add a tile or any image of your choosing, you first have to upload whatever image you choose to a host server such as Photobucket, then copy the URL address it gives you into the code above.
3. And I’ve also added Subscribe By Email, and, by RSS Feed. This is courtesy of FeedBurner. You can get this service from FeedBlitz and others, but I already signed up with FB so there.
And speaking of FB, I finally activated FeedFlare properly. Just added the code snippet below which was near the bottom of my page.
HINT OF THE DAY! Instead of reading through all that warbled HTML, all you have to do is hit F3 and a banner will open up at the bottom of the screen. It does a search for whatever code words you’re looking for. LOVE IT. Cannot live without it!
4. I’ve added RSS Headlines as a Page Element. This widget is also provided by FeedFlare.
5. Last thing today: A list. Of things I need and will acquire along the way. And that depends on advertising revenue and subscribers. I’ll begin my advertising hopefully next week. We’ll see how much ca$h this blog will pump in coming months.